What to Wear to your Engagement Session
One of the most common questions I get asked… “Any advice for what to wear for our session?”
I usually tell clients that neutrals are always a safe bet, but I wanted to give examples and some other things to be thinking about when picking out your outfits.
1. Bring two outfits and two outfits only! I 100% recommend starting out your session wearing a formal outfit. We can get those boring, posed photos out of the way for the first half of the session, and then once you guys are all warmed up we can switch to the casual and have a little more fun moving around!
2. Wear what makes you feel the most like yourselves. What do you normally wear on a nice date night?? Wear that.
3. Compliment each other, but don’t downright match. Pick colors that go well together, but aren’t the same, cause you are running the risk they will be different hues. It also adds a super nice contrast to photos when you are wearing a completely different color from each other.
4. If one of you is wearing a pattern, the other one should not be. Trust me.
5. Try to pick out your outfits based off of the location you will be shooting in. If you are in the woods where there isn’t much light, then I’d recommend light colors! OR if you are out in a field where there is a ton of light and white space, then wear darker colors!
6. Bright colors and patterns don’t always look the best in photos, so I would stay away and stick to simple and neutral tones. Here are some color pallettes that photograph very well!
7. Adding layers and taking them away is a super fun thing you can do to mix things up with both of your outfits. I’m a big fan of leather and denim jackets for your session to throw on if we get bored.
8. Accessorize! Bringing hats is another great way to change up your look without having to try hard.
9. Some blogs will tell you to stick to timeless looks, and to not be trendy, but I completely disagree! If you are excited about an outfit, wear it. You do you boo!
I hope this helps you as you are planning your outfit and have no clue what will look good!! YAY, can’t wait to see what you choose.